Easy yet delicious 3-cheese lasagna cupcakes
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb. turkey sausage
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 8 oz. Spaghetti sauce (Whatever your favorite one is;)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus 12 whole small leaves
- ¾ cup part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella, plus more for topping
- 1 package square wonton wrappers
- 1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2.For the meat sauce: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil, once it is hot add the onion and garlic, sprinkle with a little salt and saute until softened.
- 3.Add the sausage and ground beef, breaking up the clumps with your spoon. Cook until no longer pink. Stir in the spaghetti sauce and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add ¼ cup chopped basil, as well as some salt and pepper. Stir to combine and simmer uncovered, for about 3 minutes, stirring every now and then. Take off the burner once cooked, and let it cool.
- 4.For the cheese filling: Stir together the ricotta, ¾ cup Parmesan, spinach, and ¾ cup mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 5.To assemble the cupcakes: You will need a cupcake pan. Spray the cups with cooking spray. Place a wonton wrapper in each cup.
- 6.Place about 1 TBSP of meat sauce at the bottom. Top it with 1 TBSP of ricotta filling. Then, place another wonton wrapper, rotating it about 90 degrees so that the corners of the first wrapper and the second wrapper aren't right on top of each other. Repeat this until you've built 3 layers total. Top each with a small basil leaf, then another wonton wrapper. Finish each cupcake with a spoonful of meat sauce, a little shredded mozzarella and pinch of grated Parmesan.
- 7.Put them into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don't overcook. Let them rest for 15 minutes. Take them out of the tin after resting, and top with a little more basil and spaghetti sauce. Voila!
Together Three Chef http://togetherthreechef.com/
Please follow and like us: