Seared Scallops and Stuffed Shrimp with Cheesy Grits
Seared Scallops and Stuffed Shrimps with Grits
Comfort food at its best. Chef Fresh added
Write a review
- •1 cup white corn grits
- •Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- •4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- •1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- •1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- •1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- •2 garlic cloves, minced
- •1 cup scallions, diced
- •2 tablespoons parsley , chopped
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ( 8 ounce) containers crab meat
- 30 round buttery crackers (like Ritz)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 24 large (jumbo) shrimp, peeled (tails on)
- 1 lemon
- A couple dashes...or more of Tabasco 😉
- •½ a pound of scallops
- •2 tbsp of butter
- •juice of half a lemon
- •salt and pepper to taste
- 1. You will want to start your grits before the shrimp and scallops.
- 2. Bring 4 cups of water to a rapid boil, then slowly whisk in the grits. Cook 20-25 minutes over medium-low heat, until all the liquid is absorbed. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in butter, cheddar and gruyere cheeses.
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Heat 5 tablespoons butter until melted.
- 3. Add onion and sauté until translucent.
- 4. Add bell pepper, remaining 5 tablespoons butter, wine and garlic.
- 5. Cook until tender (about 4 minutes).
- 6. In a large bowl, add crab meat, onion mixture, cracker crumbs, panko, red pepper, Old Bay, tabasco, and salt and pepper.
- 7. Stir to combine.
- 8. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to 24 hours.
- 9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 10. Using a sharp knife and staring at the tail end, butterfly each shrimp.
- 11. Place each butterflied shrimp on prepared pan, pressing to flatten.
- 12. Form about 3 tablespoons crab mixture into an ball.
- 13. Place on top of shrimp, pressing the shrimp tail over the crab.
- 14. Repeat with remaining shrimp and crab mixture.
- 15. Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
- 1. Make sure your scallops are dry.
- 2. Lay your scallops on a paper towel and season them with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat frying pan with butter. 6.Once the butter is all melted and sizzling go ahead and place your scallops into the butter. DO NOT TOUCH THEM. Let them cook. Flip them when they can pull away from the pan. Flip them when they can to brown on the other side.
- 4. Remove the scallops and squeeze lemon juice on them.
- Plate the grits first, then lay seared scallops and stuffed shrimp. Garnish with scallions and parsley!
Together Three Chef http://togetherthreechef.com/
Please follow and like us: