Asian Turkey Meatball Tortillas
What kid doesn’t like eating with their hands? 🙂 As sophisticated as my Young Chefs think they are, they don’t mind rolling up their sleeves and saying “goodbye” to the fork. That’s why stuffed tortillas are a fan favorite in this house. Whether beef, chicken, or seafood…Chef Jess and Chef Fresh are over the moon. This time they decided to try something a bit different.
They have always loved my recipe for Thai Chicken Tortillas, but they wanted to do something a bit different while keeping the flavors. After some brainstorming…and a bit of bickering, they agreed that ground turkey was the way they would go.
I was given the veggie chopping task while they seasoned, mixed, and formed the meatballs.
The aroma that filled the house was unbelievably amazing!!!!
Chef Fresh was the first to taste the cooked meatballs, and he did his “happy dance” to show his approval. (I’ll try to catch this on video because it’s so silly).
As always, we used the time to talk and bond. On this day, Chef Jess had a lot on her mind because it was almost time for her school play. She was pretty nervous because she had a singing solo. So Chef Fresh and I pretended to be the audience while she sang her part over…and over….and over again. 🙂
All the practice paid off because she nailed it on the BIG day. (This is a picture from her actual performance.)
Faith, Family, Food… In that order
Asian Turkey Meatball Tortillas
These turkey meatballs are overflowing with flavor from garlic, ginger, scallions, fish sauce, lime, and a few dashes of sriracha. The cool, tangy and sweet flavor from the slaw helps to make this dish soooo amazingly delicious.
Write a review
For the meatballs
- 1.5 pounds Ground Turkey
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoons ginger, finely minced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce (for coating the meatballs once they are cooked)
For the cole slaw
- 1 14 oz bag cole slaw mix
- 10 basil leaves, rolled up and sliced
- 5 mint leaves, rolled up and sliced
- 5 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallion, finely sliced
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 5 teaspoons mayo
- 4 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 Radish (very thinly sliced)
- 8 Romaine Lettuce leaves
- 8 Tortillas
- Sliced scallions
- Sliced peppers
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- For the meatballs, mix all the ingredients except the sweet chili sauce in a medium bowl until evenly combined (the turkey, scallions, onions, peppers, ginger, garlic, fish sauce, sriracha, salt, pepper, and lime juice)
- Form small meatballs and place them on a greased baking sheet
- Bake the meatballs for 15-25 minutes or until they are fully cooked through in the middle, flipping once half way through with a spatula
- Prepare the coleslaw while the meatballs are cooking.
- Combine all your coleslaw ingredients (the bag of coleslaw mix, basil, mint, cilantro, and scallions)
- To make your dressing, whisk together the rice vinegar, mayonnaise, and sweet chili sauce in a small bowl and pour over the coleslaw. Toss to coat, and set aside.
- Transfer cooked meatballs to a bowl and toss with 1-2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce.
- To make the taco, start by layering a lettuce leaf on the tortilla. Spoon some coleslaw on top of the leaves, and layer with three meatballs.
- Top some cilantro leaves, a couple radish slices, sliced scallions and peppers, and an extra squeeze of lime juice
- Add more sriracha on top for a kick of flavor. 😉
Together Three Chef http://togetherthreechef.com/
Please follow and like us: