Cheesy Mashed Potato Chicken and Waffles
Waffled Mashed Potato and Fried Chicken Sandwich. It's filled with cheddar, parmesan, sweet peppers, onions, and bacon!
Write a review
- •2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- •1/4 cup heavy cream
- •2 large eggs
- •2 1/2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- •3 Tablespoons chopped scallions
- •1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- •1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- •1/4 cup chopped red onions
- •1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- •1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- •1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- •6 Strips fried and crumbled bacon
- •1/2 Yellow pepper (chopped)
- •1/2 Red pepper (chopped)
- •1/4 cup chopped parsley
- •1/4 cup Brown Mustard
- •2 TBSP Honey
- •Romaine lettuce
- Preheat the waffle baker and grease it with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, whisk together oil, heavy cream and eggs. Stir in the mashed potatoes, scallions, peppers, onions, and cheese until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Fold the flour mixture into the potato mixture until it's well combined. Scoop 1/2 to 2/3 cup (depending on the size of your waffle baker) of the mixture into the prepared waffle baker, spreading it into an even layer. (The potato mixture will not spread or expand as much as a regular waffle, so it's important to spread it in an even layer.) Close the lid and let the waffle bake until golden brown and the egg is cooked throughout.
- In a separate bowl, mix mustard and honey together until well incorporated. Put to side.
- To make the sandwich, you will need two waffles. Coat one side of both waffles with mixed mustard sauce. Place one washed leaf of Romaine lettuce on the bottom waffle, and layer with chicken, bacon and tomato. Top with the other waffle. ENJOY!
Together Three Chef http://togetherthreechef.com/
Please follow and like us: