Apple Rosette Dessert
Write a review
- 2 apples, cored and halved (leave the skin on)
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 Tbsp fruit preserves ( I used apricot but you can use your favorite fruit)
- 2 Tbsp water (plus more for apple soak)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Thinly slice the apples, and put them in microwave safe bowl. Fill bowl with water and juice from half a lemon. Use enough water to make sure apple slices are covered by water. Microwave for 3 minutes. This will soften the apple slices and make them more pliable for rolling up.
- Next flour your countertop and roll out the puff pastry enough to make 6 strips at 3 inches wide.
- Mix your favorite fruit preserves with a couple tablespoons of water. Then spoon out the preserves in the center of the strip of puff pastry. (We used raspberry)
- Next place the apple slices long ways halfway on the strip. Keep adding slices until you reach the end. Then fold the puff pastry over the bottom of the apple slices.
- Roll up the puff pastry and place in a greased muffin tin.
- Bake the apple roses for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for several minutes, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve with your favorite ice cream. Vanilla is our favorite!
Together Three Chef http://togetherthreechef.com/
Please follow and like us: