Creamy Seafood Orechiette with Kale
Succulent crab, shrimp, calamari, mussels, and octopus with orechiette pasta in a cream sauce. So good! Yet easy enough to make after work and homework time.
Write a review
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cleaned and chopped kale
- 2 roasted red peppers, sliced
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups dried orechiette
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 bag of frozen mixed seafood, thawed (The one we get has shrimp, calamari, octopus, and mussels)
- Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1. Place chopped kale in sauté pan with half cup water, and cook until tender. Add water as needed if it becomes dry.When done, remove cooked Kale, and put aside for now.
- 2. In the same pan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, and cook garlic and red onions until fragrant. Add thawed seafood, lemon juice, and cook for several minute. Making sure to mix. Add vegetable stock, and let cook for two minutes. Next add heavy cream and basil, and allow sauce to thicken slightly.
- 4. Add cooked orechiette (that has been cooked according to package directions) and kale to cream sauce and stir, making sure to coat well. Next add, sliced roasted red peppers, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5. Sprinkle a generous amount of grated parmesan cheese on each serving after plating.
- You can add more vegetable stock if you find that cream sauce has become too thick. Also, don't be afraid to experiment with different types of seafood. 🙂
Together Three Chef http://togetherthreechef.com/
Please follow and like us: